By Dennis Hayes
Beyond McDonaldization presents new innovations of upper schooling for the twenty-first century in a special demeanour, demanding a lot that's written in mainstream texts. This ebook undertakes a reassessment of the expansion of McDonaldization in better schooling by means of exploring how the applying of Ritzer’s 4 good points efficiency, predictability, calculability and control has develop into commonplace.
This wide-ranging textual content discusses arguments surrounding the industrialisation of upper schooling, with case reports and contributions from a variety of overseas authors. Written in an available sort, Beyond McDonaldization examines questions akin to:
- Can we regain educational freedom while hard the McDonaldization of idea and ideas?
- Is a McDonaldization of each point of educational existence inevitable?
- Will the recent concentrate on pupil event harm younger people?
Why is a McDonaldized schooling dwelling on borrowed time?
- Is it attainable to recreate the college of the previous or needs to we commence anew?
- Does this industrialisation meet the tutorial wishes of constructing economies?
This ebook brings overseas discussions at the altering international of upper schooling and the idea of McDonaldization jointly, trying to offer a favorable destiny imaginative and prescient of upper schooling. Analysing and situating the dialogue of upper schooling inside of a much wider social, political and cultural context, this ground-breaking textual content could have a well-liked attraction with scholars, lecturers and educationalists.
Read or Download Beyond McDonaldization: Visions of Higher Education PDF
Best college & university education books
This volume--the first edited publication at the schooling of Puerto Ricans written basically via Puerto Rican authors--focuses at the historical past and reports of Puerto Rican scholars within the usa by way of addressing problems with identification, tradition, ethnicity, language, gender, social activism, neighborhood involvement, and coverage implications.
Levels of Inequality unearths the robust styles of social inequality in American larger schooling through examining how the social historical past of scholars shapes approximately each part of the varsity event. whilst the main prestigious associations declare to open their doorways to scholars from assorted backgrounds, classification disparities stay.
Discover the complexities of overseas self reliant baby migration. This quantity offers specific concentration to service provider and vulnerability as primary suggestions for figuring out the various reports of kids who've migrated on my own. Combining views from teachers and practitioners, the quantity is full of thought-provoking insights into the character of present programmatic interventions for autonomous baby migrants.
Advocates for a better cultural figuring out of minority ideals in literacy schooling and a extra serious exam of mainstream tutorial practices. The voices of lecturers, mom and dad, and scholars create a compelling ethnographic research that examines the talk among conventional and revolutionary pedagogies in literacy schooling and the mismatch of cross-cultural discourses among mainstream faculties and Asian households.
- Accounting Education Research: Prize-winning Contributions
- Higher Education Reform in China: Beyond the expansion (China Policy Series)
- How to Succeed in College and Beyond: The Art of Learning
- Jumping from the Ivory Tower: Weaving Environmental Leadership and Sustainable Communities
- Social Justice for the Oppressed: Critical Educators and Intellectuals Speak Out
Extra info for Beyond McDonaldization: Visions of Higher Education